PICS envisions a future in which BC has developed a vibrant and diverse economy that allows for dramatic reduction in the emission of CO2 and other greenhouse gases. This theme engages research that capitalizes on the opportunities and policy initiatives required to build such an economy.
- improving and sustaining BC’s carbon pricing initiative
- ensuring environmentally sound development of renewable electricity generation
- reducing GHG emissions from BC’s transportation system
- reducing GHG emissions from BC’s buildings
- managing BC’s solid wastes in ways that reduce GHG emissions
- accelerating the energy efficiency trend in BC