Does your organization need help with its climate-related goals? Apply for funding now from the PICS Climate Internship Program.
The internship program helps organizations in British Columbia reach their climate goals while giving students in climate-related fields a chance to use their skills and acquire relevant work experience.
The program offers $12,000 or $15,000 to employers to hire a student for eligible climate action projects in 2024. PICS is aiming to fund 20 projects through this intake.
PICS thanks Coast Capital Savings for its generous support of this program.
Application deadline: Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2023.
Organizations that can apply for funding to hire a student:
- Non-governmental organizations
- First Nations and Indigenous organizations
- Provincial government agencies
- Local governments
- Private companies
- Crown corporations
- Monday, Nov. 6, 2023: Funding applications open for employers.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2023: Employer applications close.
- Friday, Feb. 2, 2024: PICS announces intern host (employer) funding decisions.
- March to April 2024: Students can apply for internship jobs.
- April to May 2024: Students hired.